What is Potential Start-Up membership?
Potential Start-ups are aspiring entrepreneurs who have not yet started their business, but are looking to start in the near future. This includes entrepreneurs who may have done the preliminary work behind starting their enterprise, but have not started actively serving customers. They thus would not be registered in the business directory, but would be registered as users, and would be eligible to participate in the Association's programs just like other members.
The primary purpose behind this membership category is to provide information and advice to aspiring entrepreneurs. In starting a business, it is important to set off on the right footing, and to ensure that you lay a proper foundation for the business. Mistakes made at the start often cannot be corrected later on, and most cases of start-up business failure are attributable to avoidable mistakes, which we endeavour to help you avoid.
Specific benefits within this category are:
- Generate Your Business Idea training
This training is for those who would like to start a business, but are undecided about what sort of business to start, or perhaps which space within a particular field (value chain) would be best to start a business in. It helps you to come up with a solid business idea, and develop a viable business model around it.
- Start Your Business training
This training assists you in coming up with a solid business plan on how you are going to start off your business. It also enables you to develop a growth strategy for that business right from inception.
- Discounted fees for attending training workshops and seminars.
- Advice and assistance in sourcing funding. Please note that start-up funding is generally very difficult to obtain, as most funders and investors want to finance businesses that have gained some sort of traction. Where possible, ensure you have enough capital to cover at least the first six months' expected running costs.
- Seeking investors, for unique, high-potential ventures.
- Assistance in finding suitable operating premises for your business, when it is ready to start.
- Other benefits that the Association may, from time to time, become able to avail.
NB: PLEASE NOTE THAT POTENTIAL START-UP MEMBERSHIP DOES NOT GIVE ACCESS TO DETAILED INFORMATION ON TENDERS.
An entrepreneur with a business already running will not qualify for this membership category, and once your business has commenced operations your Potential Start-Up membership ceases forthwith. You will at that point be expected to upgrade your subscription to become a Premium member.
For Potential Start-up (Subscribed) membership you only pay a once-off fee of RTGS$ 75. Please note that our payment platform is denominated in US dollars, therefore it will show a charge of US$10. If you are paying by RTGS/bond, you will need to do a payment of RTGS$ 75 instead of the amount that will reflect on the invoice.
You can complete your registration online below, or alternatively, you can Visit our office to consult a Member Consultant who can guide you through the process.